Benefits of water skiing
This is a sport that aims to improve physical strength in the arms and legs, but above all, to work the balance of the body.
Here are some of the benefits of water skiing:
- Increase strength in arms and legs
- It is a sport that releases tensions, among others
- Improve balance
- Improve the resistance
- Improves reflections
In addition to this being a highly recommended sport for those who want to try something different, water skiing is ideal.
Water skiing features
At present, water skiing is one of the most popular, especially in Australia, Mediterranean Europe, South Africa and the United States. This sport consists of skiing on the water caught on a drag line pulled by a powerful motorboat. In addition, you can perform spectacular maneuvers on one or two skis.
Water skiing materials
Water skis are made of plastic, wood, or reinforced glass fibers. These usually have a length of 1.7 to 1.8 m, about 15 cm wide, and also have flexible tapes for the feet, the ailerons that have below, are those that provide stability and makes it easier the execution of very pronounced turns, the boards to go on knees are wider and shorter.
The skis are different depending on the discipline you want to practice.
- The amateur skier normally uses, 180 cm skis.
- The small ones, of less than 120 cm, are the most manageable, since they are the most suitable to make figures.
- For the jump, it is better to be shorter and wider, to have more support surface. The monosuit is used for slalom.